Why do I need Templates in Flow and how do I configure them?
Templates make life easier when you need to re-use Flow model elements across your business, be that multiple assets across the same site or a KPI model across multiple sites in your enterprise. In a phrase, template allow for standardization and rapid deployment.
- What are Templates?
- How do I create a Template?
- How do I Lock or Unlock properties to enforce Standardization?
- What does it mean to "Instantiate" a Template?
- What does it mean to "Derive" from a Template?
- What are Template Folders, Template Metrics, and Template Measures?
- What happens when I Release or Unrelease a Template?
- How do I Update anything that is instantiated or derived from a Template?
- What do the different color Status Indicators on my Template Entities mean?
- Can I Link an entity to a Template that I've Created?
- What if I want to Break the Link to a Template?
- How can I tell which Template an Entity is Linked To?
- What is a Template Server, and how do I configure One?
- What are all the possible interactions in the Template Tab?
- If I update a Template, how do I propagate the changes to all Derived and Instantiated Entities?
- How do I Link my existing Templates to a Template Server?
- How do I Derive Templates from a Template Server?
- How do I Synchronize my templates with changes that were made on the Template Server?