Introduction to Flow
The Journey from Data to Information
Flow Architecture & Installation
- Configuring the Flow Bootstrap Service to use MSSQL Authentication
- Exporting a Flow Model
- Importing a Flow Model
- Flow Architecture
- Tiered architecture for a Headquarters Flow
- Installing Flow
Getting to know the Flow Config Tool
- Launching the Flow Config tool
- Config Tool Layout
- Tab - Model
- Tab - Deployment
- Tab - Users
- Tab - Reporting
What is the Flow Toolbox?
- How do I configure my Calendar in Flow?
- For how long is data stored in Flow, and how do I clear old/unnecessary Data?
- Can I have more than one Calendar in Flow?
- What are Shift Patterns, and how do I configure Them?
- What is a Shift Type?
- Model Attributes - How do I create them, and how do I use them?
Working with Model Folders, Metrics, and Measures in Flow
- Working in the Model View
- What is a Model Folder?
- What is a Model Metric?
- What is a Measure, and how is it different from a Metric?
- The Measure Editor - General
- The Measure Editor - Context
What Data Sources Can I Retrieve Data From?
- My SQL Based Raw Data Has Changed!? - Introducing SQL Based Refresh Triggers on Measures and Events
- "Single version of the Truth"
- Retrieving Data into Flow
- Can I see the Raw Data from my Data Source in Flow?
- Data Source - Flow Historian Simulator
- Data Source - Flow Historian Simulator Customization
Aggregation Methods in Flow
Working with Events in Flow
- Events are Powerful!
- How do I create/modify an Event?
- What Are Event Triggers?
- What is an Event Attribute, and what types of Event Attributes can I configure?
- Attributes - Manually Entered Attributes
- How do I automatically generate an Attribute Value in a Flow Event?
What are Event Aggregated Measures and Where Would I Use Them?
A Deeper Dive Into Calculated Measures
- What are Calculation Extensions, and how do I use them?
- What if I want to use another Measure's Limit Exceptions in a Calculation?
- Using another Measure's Limit values in a Calculation
- Can I use information captured in an Event in a Calculation?
- How do I use a function in my Calculated Measure?
- What if I want to perform a Calculation over a range of Time Periods?
Why do I need Templates in Flow and how do I configure them?
- What are Templates?
- How do I create a Template?
- How do I Lock or Unlock properties to enforce Standardization?
- What does it mean to "Instantiate" a Template?
- What does it mean to "Derive" from a Template?
- What are Template Folders, Template Metrics, and Template Measures?
The Flow Server Environment
- Using the Flow API to liberate your information
- What does the Flow Server do?
- What settings can I configure for my Flow Server? Can I change Colors to match my Corporate Identity?
- What is a Flow Server Key, how do I create one, and where do I need to use it?
- Configuring your User Profile on the Flow Server using your web browser
Creating Charts in Flow
- Working with Charts in Flow
- The General Configuration of a Chart in Flow
- How do I visualize when my process is out of a desired Range?
- Charts - Bullet
- Charts - Comments Chart
- Charts - Event Based Table
Creating Flow Forms
- What is a Flow Form and why would I use Forms?
- How do I create a Flow Form and what types of Forms can I Create?
- Time Period Forms - Configuration
- Time Period Forms - Data Entry
- Event Period Forms - Basic Configuration
- Can I add a measure to an Event Period Form?
Bringing Information Together with Flow Dashboards
What are Data Consumers, and How Does Flow Push Data to them?
- What is a Flow Data Consumer?
- Data Consumer - Flow "Tier 2" Consumer
- Data Consumer - Microsoft SQL Consumer
- Data Consumer - MySQL Consumer
- Data Consumer - PostgreSQL Consumer
- What Placeholders can I use when configuring a database-type Data Consumer?
Distributing Messages from Flow
- How does Flow Messaging Work?
- Configuring Flow's Message Engine
- What is a Message Channel?
- How do I define the contents of a Flow Message?
- How often can I send out Flow Messages? Can Flow Messages be sent out "on-demand"?
- What Message Content Placeholders may be used in my Message Definition?